Before you read this article, you might want to check out: How to cite a case
CiteRight allows you to add and edit pinpoints when citing cases. Here are two ways you can add a pinpoint:
Using the +/-para buttons in the case text
- Once you've selected the case you're looking for, hover your mouse over the desired paragraph.
- Select the +para button and your pinpoint will be automatically updated in the preview pane. You can remove it by pressing the -para button.
- Select Cite and the reference will be created in your document as a footnote. Your BoA will also add a black line on both margins that surround the pinpointed paragraph.
Using the Pinpoint button in the case preview screen
- Select a case from a collection, and a citation preview and case text will be displayed.
- Click on the Pinpoint button and insert the paragraph or paragraphs you want to be separated by a comma (3, 9, 11, 13) or by a hyphen for consecutive paragraphs (14-20).
- Click Save. At this point, the pinpoint in the citation preview will be updated. You can then click Cite to insert a footnote in your document.