Skip to main content
Web Application and Browser Plugin Updates
October 2020 Release
- The system will display a clearer message when a page is not able to be saved by CiteRight
- Application firewall has been updated and enhanced
- Improved error reporting in our browser extension
- Improved error handling for CanLII cases that cannot be saved by CiteRight due to the length of the case or nature of the data
- Accessing the downloads section of the web application will no send errors and create delays for the user
- Shared collections will now be visible in the source selection screen in Microsoft Word
- Refreshing collections will no longer take a long time
- Class of cases with a data error will now be able to be saved
September 2020 Release
- Pagination has now been added to all lists in the web application.
- The performance of the web application has now improved and the load speed of the library and collections has now increased.
- The storage of authentications tokens will now expire once a user has changed their password.
- The system will now invalidate all active sessions when a user changes their password.
- The database will no longer show errors of incorrect string values when saving certain cases using the browser extension.
August 2020 Release
- Updated service and backend support for user libraries/collections
- Text in browser extension was modified for easy access to the collection once the reference has been saved
- Collections can now be shared amongst users in the same firm
- Collections can now be assigned a permission set when shared
- New getting started tour available in the web application
- Users can no longer save a collection where the name is blank save a collection with a blank name (space)
- Users will no longer be logged out when clicking on the web preview of a case
July 2020 Release
- Users can now go directly to the collection after they have saved a case
- Automatic logouts have been re-configured to account for idle time and not total time
- Web preview of case no longer gets highlighted when you hover over a case
- Users will now receive an error when a user tries to share a collection with an invalid email address
June 2020 Release
- Pagination has been removed from all lists in the web application
- Style of browser plugin has been updated
- The Delete button has been removed from the renaming of collection pop out as well as from the edit user pop out
- Users can now save a case to a particular collection from the browser extension
- Users will now see a banner in the web application as the date to renew their subscription approaches
- User will now be notified through email if they have expiring or expired credit card
- User will now be able to view the full case text on the web application
- Collection button in the side navigation will now take the user back to the list of collections
May 2020 Release
- Users will be notified of upcoming expiry via email
- User can now see the upcoming training webinars on https://www.citeright.net/updates
- Users can now delete a case from a collection
- User can now add a case from their company library to a collection
- Users can now copy items between collections
- Book of Authorities will now update on the main document collaboration screen
- User will now be able to search for a user, case or document and have the search clear upon logout
April 2020 Release
- Document status view. View changes related to CiteRight references in any document. Individual documents can be selected to show the additional details about the changes.
- Registration error no longer occurs when cookies are disabled.
March 2020 Release
- Errors no longer occur when saving cases from CanLII in certain scenarios.
February 2020 Release
- Users can now start a live chat with customer support through the chat icon at the bottom right every screen in the web application
- The CiteRight browser plugin can now be downloaded from the Microsoft Edge Store (only works with the Chromium version of Edge, see more here edge://settings/help)
- Registration page got a face lift!
- Enhanced customer support tools to better assist our clients
- Enhanced certificates - RDS, SSL and TLS
- Users can now successfully for a particular individual within a company
- Upgrades to the browser plugin that prevents errors when downloading cases CanLII
- Roles in the user management system were are now correctly labeled
January 2020 Release
- Users can now download cases from Quicklaw (LexisNexis)
- New layout and additions to web application
- View all downloaded cases and their source in the web application
- Enhanced password security validation