Changing the pinpoint expressions
- the CiteRight ribbon, select Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click on the Pinpoints tab. Here, you can replace the default text and replace it with your preferred expressions. Note: If you want to include a comma between a citation and its pinpoint, place it at the beginning of the expression, like so:
All citations in your document will be updated automatically with the new pinpoint expression.
Using the paragraph symbol (¶)
- Under Insert tab in MS Word, select Symbol in the rightmost section.
- Select More Symbols from the dropdown menu
- Search for the desired paragraph symbol (¶), then select it. Click Insert, and close the Symbol window.
- Copy (ctrl + c) the ¶ symbol from your document.
- Then, go to Preferences in the CiteRight tab.
- Under the Pinpoint tab, paste (ctrl + v) the symbol into the desired field. Click Save.
All pinpoint citations to paragraphs throughout your document will be replaced with the ¶ symbol.
Before changing preferences:
After changing preferences: