When generating a hyperlinked Book of Authorities, you may want your PDF files to open in a separate window every time. To do so, you will need to change the settings of your default PDF viewer. This article will explain how to change settings in Adobe Acrobat and Nuance Power PDF. Please note, this process will be similar across most PDF viewers, as they are able to perform very similar tasks.
Changing settings in Adobe Acrobat
1. Under Edit, select Preferences.
2. Under Documents, uncheck the box next to Open cross-document links in the same window. Click OK to save changes.
Changing settings in Nuance Power PDF
1. Under File, select Options.
2. Under General, select Miscellaneous.
3. Uncheck the box next to "Open cross-document link in the same window" then click OK to save changes.